Dan and I know it's almost time. We have made an appointment for a home-visit vet to come by for the final preparations tonight at 9:30. The appointment was originally for Saturday but last night it was clear that the time may be sooner than that. He did not want to sleep on the bed and only wanted to be under the table my stereo sits on in the bedroom. We slept (well, really we just laid) on the floor until we were sure he would be ok for the night. We are sleep deprived.
After talking a few days ago, Dan and I decided that at some point he would let us know he didn't want to take his medicine anymore. (He wasn't responding to it anyway.) The last thing we want to do is create a negative experience by fighting with him just to have him take 5cc of steroids.
We are heartbroken but know this is the right thing to do. Our baby kitty.... we love you :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so very sorry and sad. Hugs to all three of you.
:( oh you guys. :(
I've been thinking about you a lot over the past few days. I wish I could bring you food or something.
Sending all my love and warmest blessings for a peaceful transition. [[[hugs]]]
Post a Comment