December 9, 2008

Recovering From the Weekend From Hell

December 9, 2008
We are slowly recovering from a very emotional wreck weekend. Fry seems to be doing better. He is consistently nibbling at food. There are only two dry foods that he is nibbling. They are PurinaOne Kitten food (the food he originally ate) and a new organic food by Natures Variety. The good thing he is eating dry food and sometimes wet food and human baby food. The bad thing is that he isn't eating regular portions but that will take time.

Sometimes he has energy and sometimes he doesn't. Last night around midnight he wanted to play catch with his ugly mouse so Dan and I played with him. It lasted all of 5 minutes but at least he let us know he wanted to play!

Today we are expecting a call from Dr Amy. We are planning on discussing the difficult topic of how long and what is the last possible option to try to extend Fry's life and if he doesn't respond and also what if he has an upswing and starts responding what to expect.

As I am typing this, he is eating. We haven't slept with the fan on in the bedroom these past few nights because I want to know when he eats and I am hypersensitive to sound so I wake up and hear it.

I need to remind myself of...
the good things:

He is cleaning himself
peeing
not pooping as much (but we think it's diarrhea and we can't easily differentiate that from the urine)
nibbling food
regular temperature
no yellowing of the skin (which indicates loss of function with his kidneys and liver)
his eyes are clear and not foggy

0 comments:

 
Destiny's Blog © 2008. Design by Pocket