January 7, 2009

Results

January 7, 2009
The other day I left for work about 30 minutes after Dan left. In a moment of sadness and partial insanity, I saw Fry's lazer pointer on one of his floor to ceiling trees. I thought that if I picked it up and rattled it and pushed the button that Fry would hear it and come running back into my life.

It didn't work.

That same day, we got the call we were waiting for and that I was dreading. The ashes were ready.

On Tuesday Dan went to pick them up from the vet in the morning. I was physically exhausted and consequently emotionally drained so Dan picked them up alone. Sorry Dan :( We also got the necropsy results.

Fry's liver and lymphnodes had significant atrophy and necrosis as well as lesions on the tissue. To put it simply, his body was already dying.
It's heartbreaking to hear of the damage this damned virus caused but it solidifies that we made the right choice. It doesn't give me any consolation.

The worst part about the report was: DOB/Age: 1 yr.

One year old and his body was already slowly dying on the inside :(

0 comments:

 
Destiny's Blog © 2008. Design by Pocket