- A job that is NOT retail.
- Fry, being the awesome cat that he is!
- Dan for always putting up with neurotic me and the occasional irrational mood swings, he's always there! :)
- Being with Dan's family in Canada, for which we are both incredibly greatful! (Thanks a bunch everyone!)
- Taking a leap of faith and knowing that I'll land somewhere, even if it took 5 months of being unemployed.
- Thanksgiving!
- A little time off. (Which was actually stressful because I didn't have too much of a say in having a week off whether I wanted it or not, but asked for, and was granted, a few hours work during the week, so it wasn't really time off for me.)
- Sitting on my butt, reading my nerdy book series, eating some Sun Chips because this is my ME time.
- Listening to Christmas music on my Nano of Destiny!
NOT WORKING BLACK FRIDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 5 YEARS!!!!!!!
What is ONE thing you're thankful for today:
While driving to the vet today in near tears I was praying for the ability to believe that Fry will be ok and that I would be comforted. A woman was there as I announced Fry was in for a weight check. She told me her cat had the same symptoms last year and it took a long time for there to be any significant change in his weight. But that he is a healthy boy now and is orange and white just like Fry. She said she would be thinking positive thoughts and praying for us. I wanted to hug her and thank her for being the answer to my prayers.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
Hanging out with extended family, watching the 49ers and Cowboys square off on a big screen tv. We always had a variety of food. A GIANT turkey lovingly injected with spices by my anesthesiologist uncle, honey baked ham, noodle salads, regular salad, chips, crackers, dip, veggies, brownies, cookies, and it just wouldn't be complete without a variety of jell-o!
Playing games with everyone regardless of age!
What’s your least favorite Thanksgiving memory?
That is a very good question. I can't think of a specific time, just petty younger cousin exclusion from games and fun that the older cousins were having.
Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions you’d like to share?
Making pie the night before and pumpkin cookies with my family's secret recipe. Snacking the day of in the morning and watching football. Having the whole family together and stuffing our faces because we're thankful for the food and eating and family! Playing all sorts of games from Nertz to Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly. (My sister was a mercenary at this game and so that little tradition didn't last very long for me!)
2 comments:
Thanks for posting that. It brought back good memories and made me smile. :) I wish you guys could come out for Thanksgiving, but I'm really glad you don't have to work Black Friday! It was so weird the first year I didn't have to do that. I felt very strange just sitting at home and sleeping in... yay!
Good ol' monopoly. Too bad the lithium takes the mercenary edge off :).
Post a Comment