So I figured I'll post a bunch today to make up for not blogging for a while and not blogging pictures. Also perhaps posting silly quizzes/surveys will help some of you get to know me better! :)
20 years ago: I was 6. My mind draws a blank as to what I was doing at that time. My favorite outfit was a shorts and button up shirt outfit that had a white background with geometric animals (I think) all over them. I remember wearing that outfit on the last day of school and running out to the station wagon and driving to Seattle to visit my grandparents.
10 years ago: I was in High School and my depression started to get out of control. I was subjected to a regimen of anti-depressants to try to find one that would work. Also, I was 16 and driving! I think I was working at MoneyLine Lending (telemarketing hell) at this time or perhaps a little later. I have holes in my memory and don’t remember much else from my High School (hell) years.
5 years ago: Met Dan for the first time, decided it was time to take a chance…
“Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could breakaway
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway”
I decided that it was time to do something with my life and stop being afraid. I needed to prove to myself that I could do and BE something and that I can accomplish anything. So! I moved to California. I think that no one in my family (aside from my parents) believed that I was actually moving until I packed things up, mailed them out and stepped onto that plane with my one way ticket.
3 years ago: I lived on Treasure Island in San Francisco and was a Manager at Express and I had just accepted a job at Nordstrom. This was the year I worked from 5am-11:30pm on Black Friday. glee….
1 year ago: I quit my job at Nordstrom to be a manager at WilliamsHormonal (haha). I would say it was a big mistake working for WS, but I wouldn’t be working where I am if not for that :)
So far this year: I’ve gotten back into school, set a plan for graduation (hopefully next year!), got an AWESOME job and started seriously planning for the future
Yesterday I: Got a much needed massage, sat on my butt, read my book, and listened to the BYU vs Utah game on the internet.
Today I: Slept in, read my book, watched football and cuddled with Fryfry.
Later tonight: D and I are going to eat Tuna Helper, although I may just eat ramen. Dan will play Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I will read my book “Fires of Heaven”, but first! we watch football!! Woohoo!
Tomorrow: I will endure a LONG day at work and at school. I go straight from work to school and don’t get home until 10pm.
This year I hope to: (2009) Become more financially aware of my money and where it goes. I plan to be healthier and start doing yoga on a regular basis and finish school with an AA and decide what I want to do as far as further education. I will pay off my car, and my credit card and save for a house.
November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love it! I'm stealing this idea for my blog today.
p.s. Somehow I can totally picture you as a six-year-old in that little outfit. I must remember it. I did know you then, after all. :)
Post a Comment