October 26, 2008

Fry at the Vet

October 26, 2008
So Fry had another visit with the vet yesterday. It was just a check-up and a chance for D and I to buy the special food that the Vet recommended. On the 6th of September, we took Fry to get his immunization. (WHICH! I think I am against cats getting the majority of the 'required' shots. I shall wax eloquent on that subject later.) At that time he was 12 pounds.

Then D and I went to Canadia. When we got back, I took him to the vet on Sept 9th. In one month he went from 12 pounds to 10.5 pounds.

THEN! After all the drama in the last two weeks...Fry was 10.3 on the day he went in for his ultrasound. I didn't read too much into that because he was not allowed to eat for 12 hours.

Yesterday, Fry was 10.8 pounds!!!!! He is gaining weight!
Here's how he felt after getting his temperature and being weighed...


We couldn't help but laugh at him for trying so hard to lay down behind the monitor. I feel bad that in the last few weeks he's started to not like visiting the vet. This visit was the first visit he let us know he was not too happy by giving a soft growly meow. Poor baby... But he survived and still seems to like Dr Amy. He still let her hold him and pet him.

He seems to like his new food! We are in the process of transitioning him, and he doesn't mind at all. :)

Here's hoping that IBD is really the problem!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Poor little orange dude! I'm glad he's gaining weight, though! That's really awesome news. :)

 
Destiny's Blog © 2008. Design by Pocket