June 9, 2008

The Perfect Job

June 9, 2008
I'm free! FREE!!!! Free from the horrible horrible tyranny that is retail! I have done it all. Cashiering, fast food, sales, management, merchandising, being the customer's bitch, and worst of the worst: commission. A word of advice to those contemplating a career in retail, you'd better be DAMN sure you want to bend over backwards constantly for everyone and be willing to jump through every ridiculous hoop that comes your way. I have never met a manager who hasn't done everything it takes to rise to the top. My ex-boss is a big fat lesbian bitch and the epitome of everything wrong with the retail world and and she can rot in hell for all I care. I've worked for people who steal, cheat, and lie to get what they want. Nothing is too low if you get what you want. Politicians must have all worked retail.

In January I was DONE with all the shit. I took a leap of faith and for four month I tried not to think that I made a huge mistake. Being unemployed for that long is very stressful and more so knowing that I had a choice and didn't HAVE to quit. But now!!!! I'm FREE!!! I have a wonderful job that is everything I've wanted and more! One year ago I went through hell with my commission job followed by absolute hell at my last job. I was challenged to make a list of everything I wanted in a job and focus on the fact that it is possible to get what you want and need.


What I Want In A Job

Not retail
Can be home with family during holidays

I can have lunch with D and Fry

Not retail

Regular hours

Supports my education

Not retail

Close to home

Good pay,
enough income to work part time if necessary
Not retail

Weekends off, most importantly Sundays

Good environment

I can be myself, with crazy hair! and fashion

Did I mention not retail?
In case I didn't....
NOT RETAIL

I work at my chiropractor’s office in Piedmont a half mile from my apartment. I primarily work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and on call Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I have a three hour lunch with regular hours and make the same amount that I made working full time as a manager at Williams-Sonoma.

Dr Jen and Dr Kara are WONDERFUL women. I met Dr Jen a little over a year ago during a horrible time of my life due to stress from my stupid job. She helped me get in touch with myself and my body and I learned how to better deal with the stress. My overall outlook on life changed and I now have the willpower to become a better person and to be healthier. I am so glad to be a part of their practice and to help promote their philosophy of healing: the body can heal itself.

1 comments:

jenica said...

awesome.

my last *real* was in retail too and i still, 8 years later, HATE my boss. i would punch her in the nose if i saw her again. she really would make a great politician. ewwww. makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

i am so glad to hear that you're in such a great place now. you'll still have to deal with people... but at least they're people who want to be there. ;-D

 
Destiny's Blog © 2008. Design by Pocket