
Since August these two sweet boys have graced our home. Our sincere hope was that they would be adopted together, but every family that came by looking to adopt a pair ended up adopting the white, calico, or orange tabby kittens instead of boring black Ed and Al. Before I left for Utah for two weeks for Christmas, Dan and I talked about separating the two. We agreed that it would have to be only for the best home possible and of course that weekend Alphonse stole someone's heart. I cried for 2 hours when Dan called me and told me the news. Edward was very sad for a while and was incredibly cuddly and clingy with Dan.
This Friday I had the feeling that Edward would be adopted. When I said this out loud I clapped my hand over my mouth and was so worried that I jinxed it! Two people showed serious interest in Ed at the mobile adoption event but both just seemed wrong. Somewhere deep inside I was very happy because I love sweet Ed and would have kept him if no one else wanted him. Then a young couple came by and the woman exclaimed as she walked by "he looks just like my very first cat!" Long story short she and her boyfriend fell in love and I felt that their current cat would be a fantastic personality for Ed to bond with and the couple were very cat savvy. I cried, but I am very happy.
I miss him but because our home opened up Dan and I took home two kittens that were brought down from a high kill shelter up north. One is black and one is a tuxedo cat with a black chin. They are incredibly affectionate and loving. Dan and I named them Captain Jack and (Little) Sparrow. Sparrow is quite sick right now but we're taking good care of him and know he'll be 100% in a few weeks! Here we go again!
2 comments:
My best cat is black. He has the best temperament and personality. You can't judge a cat by his color.
Exactly! Black cats have a great temperment and are little love-bugs just like any other cat. It's all about personality and socialization.
Post a Comment